LIFEPOINT INFORMATICS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Lifepoint Informatics is the trusted leader in healthcare information technology, advancing value-based health care with uncomplicated clinical integration, health information exchange, and data interoperability solutions for hospitals, health systems, clinical laboratories, diagnostic imaging, health insurers and accountable care organizations. Lifepoint is strongly committed to protecting your privacy and providing a safe online experience for all our users. As part of Lifepoint’s effort to protect the privacy of your personal information while visiting the Lifepoint site, we created this privacy statement to inform you of the privacy standards used to ensure the security and confidentiality of your information. The following information details how Lifepoint uses information that you provide to us via the Lifepoint Web site and answers commonly asked questions regarding the privacy of your individual information.
- What personal information does Lifepoint collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, name of your organization, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and associated identifiers, contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as practice name, number of physicians, types of specialties, name of referring practice or physician; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners as described below.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information when you submit a request for contact or follow-up, when you submit a Marketplace Partner or Marketplace Solution request, when you request a whitepaper, when you manage your subscriptions, when you register for a conference, or when you engage in Greenway’s live chat or otherwise communicate with us.
- Information about the products or services you looked at or searched for, including time spent and other statistical information.
- When you report a problem with our Website.
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- How does Lifepoint protect the security of your information?
All data is encrypted by using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology, which employs a 128-bit encryption system. This information may be accessed only by Lifepoint employees who maintain password and job-required access rights. Additionally, Lifepoint maintains all personal patient data within the Lifepoint information system (IS) firewalls that operate on separate Lifepoint mainframes/servers. The general public may not access these mainframes/servers. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Lifepoint tracks visitors to our Web site by collecting data elements called cookies. Cookies collected from the Lifepoint Web site are used to: 1) identify which computer you are using, 2) assist in the navigation of the Web site, and 3) remember computer settings. Cookies are not permanently maintained within our tracking system. You may prevent your computer from accepting cookies by modifying the properties on your Web browser; however, stopping your computer from accepting cookies may limit your Web browser’s functionality on the Lifepoint Web site. If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie-acceptance option in your browser settings. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Internet Links
As a convenience to our site visitors, the Lifepoint Web site contains links to a number of sites that may provide useful information. Links contained on the Lifepoint Web site that transfer you to a non-Lifepoint site are not maintained by Lifepoint and may contain different information and/or different privacy policies from those of our Company. You may review the privacy policies of these Web sites and/or receive specific information regarding that site’s privacy policies and procedures after leaving the Lifepoint site. Lifepoint is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of a non-Lifepoint Web site. Lifepoint does not control, or have any input into, whether our business partners or Internet-linked sites use or accept cookies on their sites.
- Your Consent
By visiting and using the Lifepoint Web site and providing your data, you are giving your consent to the terms outlined in this Lifepoint Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not use our Website or provide us with your personal data.
- Children’s Access
Lifepoint is committed to the protection of children’s privacy, security, and safety. Our Web sites are created for an adult audience and are not designed or intended to attract children in any way. We do not knowingly solicit, collect, or accept any information from children on this Web site.
- How to contact us