The LABDAQ is a reputable laboratory information system. This advanced LIS makes it easy to order lab and radiology tests, send test results to patient portals, and provide reports for regulatory compliance. CGM LABDAQ is a popular solution used by millions of lab professionals and clinicians since its first release was announced in 2016.
CompuGroup Medical designed Labdaq as a flexible, scalable, and customizable solution that adapts to users’ workflow needs. Its integrated business intelligence tools provide a panoramic view of data elements that reveal performance and discover growth opportunities. Labdaq offers an easy upgrade from other lab information systems.
With a user base of more than 1.5 million health professionals, this is one of the most widely used LIS in the country. The adoption of Labdaq is primarily due to the benefits it offers, which include:
- Improved Bill Payments: This tool has features that verify billing for lab tests. It integrates with billing systems to ensure that lab charges are billed correctly. With user-defined rules, billing and testing procedures are tracked and synchronized to ensure timely and error-free payment.
- Better patient safety: LABDAQ LIS protects patients by improving the quality and accuracy of testing procedures and results. Many errors associated with manual and semi-manual processes are eliminated while using this LIS solution.
- Enhanced Workflow: The user experience is intuitive. It has a flexible and configurable interface to suit your unique workflow.
- Scalability: LABDAQ can grow with the needs of the laboratory. It offers expandable storage, performance, and security.
Although the benefits of using LABDAQ are very glaring, CIOs still face the challenge of achieving full interoperability with their EHR. If you use one of the less popular EHRs, you will need to develop a custom LABDAQ interface for seamless connectivity with your EHR.
1. Minimal Processing Errors
A well-designed lab interface will eliminate most of the errors caused by manual processes. In mid-sized and large healthcare organizations, labs have to deal with hundreds of test requests daily. This places a high demand on a worker who needs to match incoming results with test orders.
Inevitably, errors will occur during peak periods. That’s why an electronic system that automatically connects the LIS with EHR is essential for the prompt transmission of accurate test results.
2. Quick Identification of Documentation Gaps
When there’s no interconnectivity between a lab’s LIS and a provider’s EHR, manual processing of lab orders will be needed. This can lead to gaps in documentation. For example, a patient’s demographics may be incomplete or rendered incorrectly. Some essential test parameters may also be omitted. Delays in processing results may occur and make it difficult for a doctor to arrive at an accurate diagnosis.
However, when there’s full interconnectivity between a lab and an EHR, all documentation gaps will be detected promptly. The physician will be notified, and appropriate steps can be taken to rectify the situation.
3. Higher Quality of Care
Interoperability makes test results available in real-time. When doctors can respond faster to their patients’ needs, they will be able to minimize diagnostic errors. Quick transmission of test results will make it easier for the physician to create a more effective treatment plan.
Do You Want to See How a Labdaq Interface Works?
Call LifePoint Informatics at 877.522.8378 for a free demo of a Labdaq interface. We’ll be glad to show how you can improve interoperability and physician productivity in your organization.