Accountable Care Organizations
You need our interoperability solutions to help your ACO or PCMH advance value-based care for quality over cost over time
Enter your information for a complimentary consultation
Advance value-based care, connect the care community andaccess critical lab and diagnostic data
Access to actionable critical lab, cardiology and diagnostic imaging test data is essential for accountable care organizations to advance value-based healthcare.
Achieve successful patient outcomes and improve overall population health by interfacing your accountable care organizations’ EMRs and health information technology systems to unlimited laboratory systems (LIS), cardiology and radiology information systems (RIS). As healthcare gets more complex, providers and payers need to interoperate with multiple labs and diagnostic centers for more complete diagnostic data for improved patient care. The large national labs (Quest Diagnostics and Labcorp) represent only 23% of the outpatient testing market.
Insurance rules, newer genetic testing, smaller test menus and physician reference are all factors driving this trend. Due to payer contracts and physician choice, providers need to access regional reference labs, local pathology groups, diagnostic and molecular imaging centers and community hospital outreach labs, cardiology and radiology.
LabHub and EMRHub from Lifepoint Informatics helps your providers engage with multiple labs and diagnostic centers while simultaneously aggregating and normalizing clinical data for sharing throughout your care community.
Use the laboratory or diagnostic testing site as a hub connecting otherwise isolated providers along the care continuum and strengthening the relationship between hospitals and physician offices for improved integrated care delivery.
ACOs also find that laboratory and diagnostic testing outreach helps them to identify leakage problems for ACOs and helps prevent patients from dropping out of the ACO and seeking for care elsewhere.
Accountable care access to lab and diagnostic test data
In a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) ACO, or other value-based reimbursement model, the sharing of lab and diagnostic data to support analytics needed for certification, and adding to the compilation of data for patient risk stratification and population health management becomes essential.
Solutions to help accountable care organizations improve population health
Advance value-based healthcare access to complete, timely, aggregated and normalized lab and diagnostic data allows for:
- Analysis of lab and diagnostic imaging data using predictive modelling for early identification of disease for improved population health and value-based care
- Establishment of predictive measures to identify those at risk for a disease can improve prevention and management
- Disease identification to diagnose and confirm for individual patient/member intervention
- Determination of treatment plan based upon lab and diagnostic test results
- Identification of whether treatment is working using data for compliance surveillance
- Clinical decision making based on timely, comprehensive results which can ultimately improve outcomes
Through one connection, your ACO or PCMH can:
- Maximize EMR usefulness
- Access multiple labs, diagnostic imaging and cardiology centers.
- Eliminate redundant systems
- Consolidate laboratory and diagnostic test results
- Link any EMR or EHR to any lab or diagnostic center
- Process diagnostic test orders and results
- Deliver secure and standard HL7
- Help providers meet meaningful use objectives